Remember when we bought flowers for our balcony in April (black thumb)? I thought I would give you an update on the state of our flowers. When we first planted them, they looked like this:
The month of May was great for the flowers. It rained pretty much everyday. I never needed to water them. June has required a bit more watering on my part. I also occasionally remove the dead flower heads. Two months later the flowers look like this:
They have grown in size and have more blooms, but we need to look more closely.
Definitely dead. I removed the yellow flower plant (never knew the type of flower) & hope that the green bush-like plant will survive. The death could be due to a spacing issue. It looks like the green bush-like plant is overtaking the pot.
Brownish leaves. Based on my research, I am either under- or over-watering this plant and/or there is a bacteria growing and I will need to remove the bad soil. The remaining blooming flowers still look pretty!
Broken limbs. We had a bad storm the other week & this one was flung into the balcony railing & has some broken branches. I think it is okay but time will tell.
The other yellow flower plant is still alive and doing well. It shares a pot with some lavender, which is amazing. If I have learned anything, it is to only plant lavender. It is extremely hardy and is planted everywhere in Germany.