For Christmas, I sewed my brother a chef’s apron, a pot holder and a hanging dish towel all with fabric with the University of Kentucky (UK) logo on it.
Chris requested another dish towel for his apartment while I was in Denver. He picked out a dish towel and I sewed on the hanging top with my leftover UK fabric when I got back to Germany. There are tons of different tutorials online. I used the pattern from this website but instead of using velcro, I sewed a button. My grandmother used to make these but she would knit the hanging top, instead of using fabric.
Since I had the sewing machine out and still had more fabric, I decided to make him two pillow covers for his new couch!
I sewed the envelope pillow covers instead of ones with zipper closures. These covers fit a 16” pillow insert.
I mailed Chris his package a couple weeks ago, so hopefully he receives it soon!